When I go back and look at the early blogs I wrote, I feel embarrassed; they’re a bit wooden, the images are poor and some of the information is now out of date. Never-the-less there is much of value there as I wrote a lot of my ‘cornerstone content’ (this quick vid will explain what that means) back in the early days but it’s not getting seen because it’s buried deeply in the nest of my website.
There’s gold in them there hills!
If only my ideal clients could find it.
Solution – recycle blog posts
So when you would like to have some material ‘out there’ to promote what you do, but have no time, consider dusting off some content that deserves to be loved and enjoyed. Here’s what to do.
- Make new images one for Facebook and another for Pinterest, if it’s evergreen content, Pinterest can bring a lot of traffic to your site.
- Add some up-to-date information
- Check that you link to it from your main sales page
- Check that the category and tags are appropriate
- Give it more of your authentic voice
- Re-post your article with today’s date
- Promote it to your email list and on social media
And there she is, a beautiful being full of light, shining her way across the wonder-web.
Recycling is beautiful. This video will show you how.